What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- Selected books, films, websites, & reenactments: eshackleton.com/resources/ 2 months ago
- If you missed the beginning, or wish to follow the journey again, @EShackleton will relaunch for the 100th anniversary of the events. 2 months ago
- To everyone who has followed this virtual Expedition, @EShackleton sends his most heartfelt thanks and regards. 2 months ago
- "I always feel as long as I am doing the work & getting through the fight that all is well."—ltr to Emily Shackleton wp.me/p1vYEP-z6 2 months ago
- "I think this is as "the Boss" would have had it himself..." — Macklin wp.me/p1vYEP-z2 2 months ago
Category Archives: Video
[South (orig. In the Grip of the Polar Pack Ice), by Frank Hurley, 1919. Watch entire film on BFI website.] “All the plates which were exposed on the wreck nearly twelve months ago turned out excellently. The small Kodak film … Continue reading
“My name is Franky Wild-o and my hut’s on Elephant Isle. The wall’s without a single brick and the roof’s without a tile. Yet, nevertheless, you must confess by many and many a mile, It’s the most palatial dwelling place … Continue reading
Imagine this in a rowboat: Clelia II Antarctic cruise ship slammed by giant waves: link
The Greely Expedition, from the American Experience series on PBS: full documentary.
Search for the Northwest Passage, a Discovery Channel documentary
[Don't try this at home. Or anywhere, really.] Paul Nicklen, National Geographic photographer, meets a leopard seal ready for her close-up.
Ratcliffe Highway performed by The Dubliners
[The cries of an Emperor, 2011, by Kris]
Sound the Pibroch, Makem & Clancy
— courtesy Chief Morale Officer