What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- Selected books, films, websites, & reenactments: eshackleton.com/resources/ 2 months ago
- If you missed the beginning, or wish to follow the journey again, @EShackleton will relaunch for the 100th anniversary of the events. 2 months ago
- To everyone who has followed this virtual Expedition, @EShackleton sends his most heartfelt thanks and regards. 2 months ago
- "I always feel as long as I am doing the work & getting through the fight that all is well."—ltr to Emily Shackleton wp.me/p1vYEP-z6 2 months ago
- "I think this is as "the Boss" would have had it himself..." — Macklin wp.me/p1vYEP-z2 2 months ago
Category Archives: Images
“I always feel as long as I am doing the work and getting through the fight that all is well.” — letter to Emily Shackleton *** [Upon Shackleton’s return to England and the Great War, reception was markedly… subdued. Even, … Continue reading
“In the darkening twilight I saw a lone star hover Gem-like above the bay.” — Ernest Shackleton, last words in diary “I think this is as “the Boss” would have had it himself, standing lonely in an island far from … Continue reading
The Shackleton-Rowett Expedition, 1921-22.
The Endurance: “McCarthy, the best and most efficient of the sailors, always cheerful under the most trying circumstances, and who for these very reasons I chose to accompany me on the boat journey to South Georgia, was killed at his … Continue reading
A close reporting of the fate of the Ross Sea Party has been outside the scope of this narration, as I had no way of receiving news from them until some of our party had reached South Georgia, the telegraph … Continue reading
“Shortly after 7 a.m. Sir E. rowed ashore & telephoned our arrival on to Punta Arenas, so that the populace might roll up and greet us after church, we being due to arrive at 12 noon. The Yelcho was bedecked … Continue reading
“At last someone shouted out to Sir Ernest “are you all well…” to which he laughingly replied “Don’t we look all right now that we’ve washed” for evidently our filthy condition had not failed to attract his notice and then … Continue reading
“Every man is prone to make errors of judgment at times…but if ever a man worked hard and conscientiously to keep up the spirits and maintain the general peace & welfare of a community containing one or two “difficile” members … Continue reading
[Object smaller than it appears in the image]