What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- Overnight, Worsley reported that a gale blew up—we would not have survived the crossing had it happened the night before. 6 hours ago
- In order to direct the rescuers straight to Peggotty Camp, Worsley boarded the Samson, which left that night. 7 hours ago
- Every man at the station volunteered to go. 8 hours ago
- As well as a vessel to round South Georgia and retrieve McNeish, Vincent and McCarthy. 9 hours ago
- Immediately I arranged for a rescue ship, the large wooden whaler Southern Sky, to return to Elephant Island. 10 hours ago