What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- "A nightmare of waiting." 18 hours ago
- “Your telegram not approved.” — British Admiralty to John Luce 1 day ago
- "Every care will be taken not to allow ‘Glasgow’ to get amongst ice.” — John Luce to British Admiralty 1 day ago
- “[Request permission to try and rescue Shackleton’s men] on the possibility of gales having driven ice away since last attempt." 1 day ago
- I further notice that Luce is in much the same frame of mind as myself… 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: October 2012
“[It's] like an enormous train with squeaky axles being shunted with much bumping & clattering. Mingled with this were the sound of steamer whistles starting to blow … & underfoot moans & groans of damned souls in torment. A constant … Continue reading