What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- "A nightmare of waiting." 15 hours ago
- “Your telegram not approved.” — British Admiralty to John Luce 1 day ago
- "Every care will be taken not to allow ‘Glasgow’ to get amongst ice.” — John Luce to British Admiralty 1 day ago
- “[Request permission to try and rescue Shackleton’s men] on the possibility of gales having driven ice away since last attempt." 1 day ago
- I further notice that Luce is in much the same frame of mind as myself… 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: May 2012
“Worsley examined a spot where a killer had smashed a hole 8 ft by 12 ft in 12 ½ inches of hard ice, covered by 2 ½ in of snow. Big blocks of ice had been tossed on to the … Continue reading
Dogloo village, 1915
Close quarters for man and beast en route.
Belowdecks, converted to winter quarters.