What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- Selected books, films, websites, & reenactments: eshackleton.com/resources/ 2 months ago
- If you missed the beginning, or wish to follow the journey again, @EShackleton will relaunch for the 100th anniversary of the events. 2 months ago
- To everyone who has followed this virtual Expedition, @EShackleton sends his most heartfelt thanks and regards. 2 months ago
- "I always feel as long as I am doing the work & getting through the fight that all is well."—ltr to Emily Shackleton wp.me/p1vYEP-z6 2 months ago
- "I think this is as "the Boss" would have had it himself..." — Macklin wp.me/p1vYEP-z2 2 months ago
Monthly Archives: July 2011
“It is because [we] want to get away from up there…us whalemen…not fit up there…and people up there not want queer folk around like…whalemen. And we no can write poetry or paint pictures or get away from silly world which … Continue reading
We have arrived. At the edge of the world. Grytviken, South Georgia Island. The Endurance is visible in the middle of the harbor. *** All photos by Frank Hurley unless otherwise specified.
I have committed all sorts of crimes in thought if not always in action and dont [sic] worry much about it, yet I hate to see a child suffer or to be false in any way…I am hard also, and … Continue reading
And we’ll train the trainers… *** Cesar Millan on Wolf-Dog Hybrids (DOG WHISPERER, Oct. 2010)
This time we’ll train them.
Perce Blackboro (age 18) with Mrs. Chippy, ship’s cat, on board the Endurance; photo by Frank Hurley, 1914