[Shackleton speaking in 1910 about the results of his Nimrod Polar Expedition, 1907-09. source: archive.org; public domain.]
What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- "Shackleton asked me repeatedly, 'What do you think of the weather?' and 'What is to-night going to be?" — Worsley 1 hour ago
- "I tried to get indications of what was to come, by observing height & formation of the cloud-mists that swathed the upper mountain tops." 2 hours ago
- The one luxury we permitted ourselves to carry was Worsley's diary. 3 hours ago
- "We left the full box with the men at the camp and took the second box, which contained 48 matches." Supply list: wp.me/p1vYEP-vl 3 hours ago
- "After consultation we decided to leave the sleeping-bags behind and make the journey in very light marching order. wp.me/p1vYEP-vj 4 hours ago