We’re held fast in the pack ice of the Weddell Sea, a few hundred miles north of our landing destination, Vahsel Bay.
What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- “The Instituto de Pesca went off to Montevideo and I looked around for another ship.” 8 hours ago
- “Time was precious and these preparations would have taken too long.” 9 hours ago
- I had to turn them down... 10 hours ago
- “The Uruguayan Government offered to send the trawler to Punta Arenas and have her dry-docked there and made ready for another effort.” 11 hours ago
- We limped back to Port Stanley. 12 hours ago