What is this?Shackleton is a Twitter novel by artist Peggy Nelson— follow along at @EShackleton. This blog is the media companion to the novel.
- The "fourth man": wp.me/p1vYEP-vQ 1 day ago
- "But a record of our journeys would be incomplete without a reference to a subject very near to our hearts." 1 day ago
- "One feels 'the dearth of human words, the roughness of mortal speech' in trying to describe things intangible..." 1 day ago
- "Crean confessed to the same idea." 1 day ago
- "But afterwards Worsley said to me, "Boss, I had a curious feeling on the march that there was another person with us." 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Amundsen has reached the Pole. “The same endurance, the same skill and the same meed of endeavour must be granted to Amundsen, as the Norwegian people would grant to Scott if the positions [were] reversed.” (Shackleton, writing in the Daily … Continue reading
COMRADES, leave me here a little, while as yet ’tis early morn: Leave me here, and when you want me, sound upon the bugle horn. ’Tis the place, and all around it, as of old, the curlews call, Dreary gleams … Continue reading
[Shackleton speaking in 1910 about the results of his Nimrod Polar Expedition, 1907-09. source: archive.org; public domain.]
We’re held fast in the pack ice of the Weddell Sea, a few hundred miles north of our landing destination, Vahsel Bay.